Thursday, April 18, 2013

A little about me

I am a new teacher, but teaching isn't new to me.  I can remember vividly the teachers which have had a great influence on me, and now I get the priviledge of doing the same.

I am a 2nd generation Arizona native.  Spent almost all of my life here in the Grand Canyon state and am proud to call Arizona my home.  My husband tried to pull me away by moving us to Arkansas, but alas I returned to the Valley of the Sun, and heat I may add.

Though I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in the 3rd grade, I took a varied trip to get here.  Graduating from ASU with my BAE, I determined getting my Master's degree would set me up for success, so right after graduation I enrolled in the Master's program at NAU.  Did I mention I was Arizona through and through.  So now the education chapter in my life is coming to an end, and the adventure I have been studying and working through is going to help me become a teacher, and hopefully a good one.

So. you could understand my relief when the principal at the school I was doing my teacher candidate practicum in approached me to teach at the school for the 2013-2014 year.  So, now I am gearing up to begin my teaching career - in 6th grade.


No comments :

Post a Comment